Savvy Building is conscious that contracting with a building company can involve a leap of faith that involves entrusting your home and property in the right people. In order to safeguard your interests, we have taken the following steps:
- We are fully compliant affiliates of the National Home Builders Registration Council (NHBRC) and the Building Industry Bargaining Council for the Cape Peninsula (BIBC). Savvy is also in the process of joining the Master Builders’ and Allied Traders’ Association of the Western Cape (MBA).
- For any job, Savvy Building carries insurance that is compliant with the Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act 130 of 1993, as well as contractor’s “all risk and public liability” cover.
- We take care to act within the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety legislation.
- The standard Savvy Building contract is modeled on the contract recommended by the Joint Building Contracts Committee (JBCC).
In addition to the legal safeguards listed above, Savvy Building is eager to maintain your home and neighbourhood’s safety and security. We therefore make a policy of the following:
- We only employ workers who have a proven track-record with our trusted foremen, or who have been subjected to a security check.
- The sub-contractors we use are either well-known to us and have a history of trust-worthiness, or are publicly well-respected.
- We obtain material confirmation of the identity of each person who works on our sites (usually by means of a copy of his/her identity document).